Waterproofing system designed for use under ceramic tile, marble, quarry tile, and most composition floors and decking.
Barrier-Guard is a waterproofing system used directly under ceramic tile, marble, quarry tile, composition floors, and decking to provide protection from water intrusion and waterborne salts. It’s also a suitable waterproofing system to use below grade and between slab.
Barrier-Guard’s waterproofing membrane is molded across flooring surfaces, up onto bases, and over curbs without the use of any adhesive other than its own composition. All components are environmentally friendly and completely VOC compliant.
Choose from our standard waterproofing membrane or our specialized, fracture-resistant membrane for added reinforcement depending on your project requirements.
- Monolithic, molded waterproofing membrane across floors and up cove bases and curbs
- Tight adhesion
- IAPMO certified to ANSI 118.10 listed as a Shower Pan Liner
- Reduces reflective cracking caused by dynamic substrate movement
- Thin section, does not interfere with building elevations
- Environmentally safe, VOC compliant
- Installed only by professional, factory-trained Dex-O-Tex contractors
- CSI Specifications Barrier-Guard Over Plywood - CSI Specifications IAPMO - Barrier-Guard File Code 4509 NSF Certificate - C0144670-1
More in Decking & Waterproofing
Barrier-Guard System Options
Standard Barrier-Guard waterproofing
- Copolymer emulsion waterproofing
- Fluid applied for easy application over irregular shapes
- Can be applied over horizontal and vertical concrete substrates, bricks, tile and metal
- Minimum thickness of 40 mils (1.02mm) for standard applications
Waterproofing membrane with fabric reinforcement layer
- Synthetic rubber emulsion waterproofing with a fabric-reinforced, cementitious layer
- Mold and fungi resistant
- Can be used between slabs or below grade
- Can be applied over new or existing concrete, wood, or plywood (after special preparation)
- Finished thickness of 100-150 mils plus or minus 10 mils dft (3.8mm plus) depending on use
Allow our team to share over 80-years of formulation and experience in advanced flooring, waterproofing, and repair.