Our most popular floor underlayment system for patching, smoothing, and resurfacing.
Dex-O-Tex A-81 Underlayment is our most popular underlayment system for preparing irregular floor surfaces for a finished application. Its synthetic copolymer cementitious formulation acts as an ideal patching, smoothing, and resurfacing material beneath any kind of flooring.
A-81 is highly flexible and suitable for both interior or exterior surfaces, including those exposed to freeze-thaw conditions or constant water spillage. It can be applied to any thickness from near featheredge upwards and dries to a charcoal gray color. Natural, cement-gray color is also available on request.
Our pre-packaged formula makes A-81 convenient to unit and easy to mix. It’s also fully VOC compliant with no organic solvents, is non-toxic, and has only a slight odor during placement and cure. This fast-setting system supports foot traffic in 6-8 hours and vehicle traffic after 18-24 hours.
- Superior adhesion
- Low permeability, yet breathable
- Suitable for interior and exterior use
- Fast setting
- Excellent freeze-thaw resistance
- Similar expansion-contraction as concrete
- Installed only by professional, factory-trained Dex-O-Tex contractors
Please see product safety data sheets.
More in Overhead, Patching & Underlayment
A-81 Underlayment System Options
Most widely used Dex-O-Tex underlayment
- Trowel applied
- Suitable for application under floors of all types
- Installed from featheredge to multi-inch thickness
- Suitable for pitching, patching or filling voids (used widely for creating slope for drainage)
- Can be left exposed as an industrial finished floor
Squeegee-applied underlayment for rough or porous substrates
- Squeegee applied
- Average application thickness ranges from featheredge to 3/8” (9.53mm)
- Designed for use as a smoothing or filling compound over rough or porous substrates
Allow our team to share over 80-years of formulation and experience in advanced flooring, waterproofing, and repair.