Epoxy primer for sealing to new or existing concrete, wood, or steel substrates.
VL Primer is a two-component, water-based epoxy primer designed for superior adhesion and vapor suppression. It is used to seal new or existing concrete, wood, or steel surfaces before applying polymeric flooring, polymeric decking, or conventional flooring products.
Functioning as a penetrating/breathing membrane, VL Primer ties physically into concrete by penetrating up to 300 microns for excellent adhesion and flexibility.
- Low odor
- VOC compliant
- Excellent adhesion and flexibility
- Tools can be cleaned in water
- Reduces negative effects of moisture
- Installed only by professional, factory-trained Dex-O-Tex contractors
- % Non-volitiles (by weight) – 39.1
- Mixing Ratio A to B (by volume)
2:1 Weight % Solids – 39.1
- Density – 8.7
- Vehicle Solids – 39.1
- Pot Life – 4.0 hours
- Adhesion to Concrete – >500 psi
- Recoat Window for Water Based Topcoat – 0 to 24 hours
- Recoat Window for 100% Solids Topcoat – 4 to 24 hours
- Rocoat Window for Wolvent Based Topcoat – 24 hours minimum
- Gloss – 100
- Pencil Hardness – 6H
- Direct Impact – 25 in-lbs
- Reverse Impact – 25 in-lbs
- Taber Abrasion – 170 mg loss
Allow our team to share over 80-years of formulation and experience in advanced flooring, waterproofing, and repair.