Heavy-duty, waterproofing system used under tile, stone, or brick.
Dual-Flex is a heavy-duty, elastomeric waterproofing system used under tile, brick, stone, or pavers. Installed in multiple waterproofing layers, Dual-Flex forms a tightly-adhering membrane across floors and up curbs to create a durable, seamless barrier.
The system is engineered to provide maximum waterproofing protection over occupied spaces such as condos, apartment complexes, high-rise buildings, multi-use facilities, promenade decks, balconies, and other pedestrian areas.
- Provides positive waterproofing with dual waterproofing protection
- Reduces reflective cracking caused by substrate movement
- Forms a monolithic, tightly-adhering, molded membrane across floors and up bases and curbs
- Maintains elastomeric properties at low temperatures
- Can be applied over new or existing surfaces
- Environmentally safe, contains virtually no organic solvents and is VOC compliant
- Installed only by professional, factory-trained Dex-O-Tex contractors
- Bond Strength ASTM C482 (modified)
Dry – 77 psi
Wet – 62 psi
- Tensile Strength Ceramic Tile Inst. SE S763
Dry – 46 psi
Wet – 50 psi
- Breaking Strength ASTM D751 – 265 psi
- Elongation Fabric Reinforced ASTM D751 – 50.5%
- Hydrostatic Pressure Resistance ASTM D751
(Method A, Procedure 1) – 240 psi
- Ozone Resistant ASTM D1149
(72 hrs @ 100 ppm No cracking, 90°F plus Hydrostatic crazing or waterFHA 4900.1) penetration
- Dimensional Stability ASTM D1204 – <0.5%
- Indention Resistance FMA 4900.1 Sect. 615-5 – No water (shower pan) penetration
- Puncture Resistance FMA 4900.1 Sect. 615-5 – No water (shower pan) penetration
System Performance ASTM C627
(Modified to Comply With Ceramic Tile Institute moderate Commercial) – No water penetration
- Microbial Resistance ASTM G21 – Passes Rating 1
- CSI Specifications
More in Additional Products
Allow our team to share over 80-years of formulation and experience in advanced flooring, waterproofing, and repair.